We opened the doors on 22nd of August 2004. Our cash & carry operates in partnership with Country Baskets opposite the Blochairn Wholesale Market (Junction 14 of the M8). J. van VLIET provides Flowers and Plants and Country Baskets Sundries.
By using our own transport company (J. van VLIET Transport BV) we receive 5 times per week a delivery of fresh flowers from Holland. This gives us daily top-ups with the freshest flowers possible and more options than anyone else to cater for last minute orders of products that we don’t have in stock in the Cash & Carry and are bought especially for you at our own companies in Holland.
Our fresh arrivals of flowers and plants from Holland are as follows:
– Monday auction arriving Tuesday at approx 7am
– Tuesday auction arriving Wednesday morning approx 7am
– Wednesday auction arriving Thursday morning approx 8am
– Friday auction arriving Saturday night in time for opening on Sunday
So 4 deliveries per week into Glasgow and delivered to our customers using our 5 vans.
We are constantly improving our overnight service to bring you our flowers and plants even faster from Holland to Glasgow. We use 5 delivery vans (going north, east, south, west) to deliver to you as early as possible and 7 days per week:
– To the East: as far as Livingston junction 3 M8
– To the North East: as far as Stirling
– To the North and West: as far as Helensburgh
– To the South and West: as far as Girvan and throughout Ayrshire.